Updates for the week ending on January 3rd
- Decided to try to sleep through the worst parts of withdrawal and was mostly successful.
- Now on day five of it, and sleep is weird. According to my sleep tracking app, it's so much improved: more efficient, way more time spent in deep sleep and REM. Qualitatively though, it feels much lighter, with moments where I feel almost awake and catch myself in mid-thought (the past couple days, it's mostly been about Elixir and trying to grasp OTP architecture). I have no desire to wake up during these moments, and it feels like no time is passing at all, whereas sleep with nicotine I usually feel like I have a good grasp of how much general time has passed.
- I have pretty heavily associated reading and writing code with vaping, which is unfortunate. But hey, I guess it's a good excuse to take a break from trying to feel productive and just let myself exist for a moment.
General life stuff
- Had lunch with one of my cousins and his wife, it was a lot of fun and made me feel special that they'd drive five or so hours to see me. I just wish I had been better company since that was day two of withdrawal.
- Selling some old gadgets and gizmos to make ends meet. Everything might be ok.