Updates for the week ending on December 6th
- The first interview for what's looking like my Hail Mary for staying in California went well. The company does only two rounds for their process, so that's really quite nice.
- It did go well! Scheduled the on-site for next week
- Another interview for an LA based position went well, but their process won't continue until the new year
- For fun, I decided to apply to one of the sponsors for this year's Advent of Code, Catawiki. They're an auction site for rare and vintage items based in The Netherlands, so it would mean relocating like crazy, but their tech stack sounds really interesting and the site itself is cool.
- Surprisingly, they're interested!
- Wednesday is a crazy time for job interviews apparently
- Had the on-site in Boston and it did not go well
- I have no shame, so I applied to Procore, with an honest af cover letter about my mental health
- Been thinking about applications for #holochain (holochain.org), and I think a Matrix identity server might be a really good use case with a Trust on First Use security scheme. The identity server is sore centralized point in the Matrix ecosystem right now, but if every server had their own identity server built on Holochain, it could really solve that
- Started the Advent of Code this year! Due to having such copious free time, I'm doing it in freakin' four languages, #ruby #rust #golang and #elm. You can watch my progress at this repo
- ok, trying to do four languages, even with copious free time, was way too ambitious, so I'm just focusing on Ruby for now. Definitely want to do Elm as well though, to get practice with functional programming
- Had a double movie day with R, we watched both IT movies :3
- Sent S a late birthday, early winter holiday present of giant dinner plate glasses