Updates for the week ending on December 27th
- The final interview with CJ went really well!! It's of course not a done deal until an official offer letter slides by my desk, but I've got no rational reason to think it's not coming by sometime this week! I'm so excited about this opportunity, I really think pair programming and strict TDD will level up my skills like no one's business.
- It's official!! I start on the 20th!!
- Been hitting the Elixir track on Exercism.io lately, in partial anticipation of working on Thurim. Elixir is such a fun language to work with.
- Made another contribution to Ditto-Chat
- And another!
- R kind of got me into GW2. I haven't actually bought the game yet, but it's so pretty, and it's been nice to have the distraction that isn't TV.
General life stuff
- In a few days, I went from tearing up about every little sad thing to really believing that things are going to be ok, and that's huge beyond words. The first offer on Friday was a huge relief, and the interview going well on Monday was like the last part of a long breath being let go.
- Talked with my psychiatrist about bumping up my Abilify dosage and whether it's a good idea to wait, and he recommended waiting
- Financial situation is such that, um, going to be quitting vaping cold turkey and eating rice for a while. At least I have a really good idea of what the first two weeks of withdrawal feel like and how to counteract the effects. And perfect timing, I have about three weeks before I need to be on my A game. Silver lining and all that.