Update for the week ending on November 15th
I read this bit on Status Updates to Nobody that I really liked, so I'm going to start doing it.
- Posted an issue with the Hello Me tutorial with Holochain
- Worked on learning Elm, even going as far as fiddling with the examples as suggested in the intro docs; fuck Parsers though
- Read more in the intro to software testing research article
- Got around to finishing watching the Elixir OTP video
- Did pretty well in the first technical interview for RaiseMe
- Did middling in the technical interview for Wayfair; not my first pick by a long shot regardless, so no big loss
- Scheduled the on-site with Chronicled
- They aren't paying for my trip? Which is a huge red flag. That bumped them down from a contender for my first pick to second pick. Really hoping RaiseMe goes through. It's for the best really, as interesting as it would be to start over yet again in a less than two year span, and as nice as the cost of living and healthcare is in Vancouver, I'm only just now getting my feet under me in California
- Kind of broke down and asked a friend who's heavily involved in the local kink scene if I had somehow developed a reputation for being a monster. She said no, and she was friendly about it.
- Bailed on plans with two friends, as well as two different plans with R; being in public is too hard right now, I don't want to try yet. Just walking across the street to go grocery shopping is difficult.
Important life stuff
- Did some shifting of finances to make sure I'm covered for the essentials next month. Luckily, my savings are such that I might be able to survive the first half of January if I have to, but I'd rather not; those savings are currently allocated to my voice surgery fund.
- Resisted the urge to engage in shopping therapy a couple of times.
- Been doing alright in terms of keeping a safe and sane living space, ie, staying on top of cleaning.
- Admitted I need help, that something is broken in my brain when it comes to reality and thinking people are talking about me
- That's not entirely accurate. The college kids at IHOP the night I was discharged were 100% talking about me, even if I don't have proof. What's real is that even if people are talking about me, that's human. Especially if I'm going to present femme in public, people are going to talk. Some maggot once video taped Q in public for gosh sake. What's not real is that these people talking about me or who talked about me are tied to some kind of police investigation; they are or were just people in their off time deciding that it's fun to try to work me up to something, to try to provoke me. And I don't know why that's fun for them, but that's also human. Gosh knows I tried to provoke some invisible listener into....well, into straight up killing me. Just to prove some kind of point about who cops are as people.